Making Life easier with Dementia
Having dementia doesn’t mean you need to stop doing the things you enjoy, but it can make things more difficult.
The following tips might help:
- Put a regular routine in place – you might find it easier and more reassuring to do things at the same time each day or week. If you find you feel better at certain times of the day try to arrange activities for this part of the day.
- Keep things straightforward – simplify your routine or daily tasks to make them more manageable.
- Take things one step at a time – try to focus on one thing at a time and break each task down into smaller steps.
- Put out the things you need before starting an activity so that you have a visual prompt – for example, tools for gardening or ingredients for cooking.
- Try to reduce any distractions – for example, background noise if you are trying to read.
For any more advice in living with Dementia, or you may be interested in our short-term Dementia breaks in our Care or Nursing homes, please call any of our homes individually or Head Office
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you. If you have any question regarding the above info, or anything else don’t hesitate to contact us.