Kindness in the Sandhurst Community | Start small
Small Acts of Kindness in Sandhurst | COVID aware Kindness
Spreading joy can be done from anywhere.
During these difficult times, it’s easy to feel like your connection with the outside world has gotten smaller, but there are many ways to strengthen your sense of community while still practicing social distancing, and one way to start is with an act of kindness. Here are a few ideas on how you can spread Kindness in our little Sandhurst community:
- Do local elderly neighbours need anything from the shop? It’s easy for many people to just walk or drive to the local shop to collect weekly food items, but spare a thought for some elderly people who may feel afraid and isolated during this time and may not have access to a car – why not, pop a card through there door, asking if there is anything they may need, you can put your phone number on the card, or ask them to put the card outside their door and list any items they may need.
- Foster an animal – Since you’re spending more time at home, now could be a good time to help out fostering an animal. Local rescue homes offer many fostering plans which could be short-term to suit. The effects of having a pet around the home could not only be good fun but also elevate stress.
- Make a Scrapbook for your Grandparents. Getting creative is a great way to stay active while you’re spending more time at home. Consider making a special scrapbook for your grandparents, go through old photo albums and repurpose some common household items to make the perfect reminiscence scrapbook for elderly members of your family.
- Donate any extra food to your local foodbank
- Start a cloth mask stand. Either for free or take donations and pass it on to the chosen charity.
- Start a Fundraiser.
- Leave reviews for your favourite local businesses! In the digital age, a good review is more appreciated than you may know.
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination. While these may seem small, kindness has a funny way of going further than you could ever imagine. You can never know how a small act can change someone’s day. Start today! Spread Kindness in the Sandhurst Community in your own way.
Get in touch
Got questions? We’d love to hear from you. OR if you have some more community kindness ideas, comment below!
Tel: 01252 871751