https://www.atkinsonshomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/sincerely-media-v0msYhZq2RU-unsplash-scaled.jpg 1365 2048 lhbo4 https://atkinsonshomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/APNH_logo_l.png lhbo42020-11-27 14:55:552020-12-10 17:07:255 Ways to Re-use Jam Jars | Care Home Sandhurst
5 Ways to Re-use Jam Jars | Care Home Sandhurst
At Atkinson’s Private Care & Nursing Homes, Sandhurst, we are always looking for crafty ideas to make with our residents.
Angela, our activities co-ordinator at Fourways, will be recycling and reusing jam jars with the residents as a part of their weekly activities.
Here are her five ideas to get you crafty;
- Pincushion and Sewing Kits – You can keep all your sewing bits together in a jar and you can even make the lid into a pin cushion
- Memory Jars To keep all little mementoes like shells, dried flowers or small souvenirs, you can make a different memory jar for each trip, you can label the front with the dates you went.
- Inspiration Jars – Write some of your favourite quotes, poems and pieces of advice down on separate scraps of paper and fill a jar with them. Whenever you feel in need of a boost, take one out a read it.
- Jewellery Storage Jars If you’re always misplacing your jewellery, you can keep it all together in one place.
- Grow your own herbs – Even if you don’t have a garden, you can get in on the grow-your-own craze by putting a thin layer of gravel in an empty jam jar, half-filling with soil and planting your favourite herb seeds, you can put on your kitchen window-sill, your own herb garden.
Have you come across some some other uses? Comment below!